Title: Health Navigator ETSU Site Reports to: Director of Services ETSU
Created: February 2018 FSLA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Salary Grade: 3NE Job Description
Chattanooga CARES is expanding our mission to address the social and physical needs of increasing numbers of individuals beyond the HIV-positive community.
The Health Navigator will provide a set of services to patients/clients that enable them to empower themselves and develop effective strategies for living healthy lives and reducing their risk of HIV infection.
Provide support and advocacy to patients/clients through one-on-one interactions and/or in group settings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Responsibilities 1.
Provides confidential assessment to determine the HIV prevention needs of the clients whether test results are positive or negative, this includes the registration and planning of prevention services.
2. Develops PrEP resources available in the area for the clients in need of the services; develop a network with PrEP providers.
3. Provides access to biomedical prevention services (PrEP), ensuring access, follow up, and adherence to PrEP, including supportive services that can enhance risk reduction, behavior change, adoption, and maintenance
4. Provides and ensures access and active referrals to the screening of STDs
5. Collaborates with staff in advertising and media promotion of PrEP, including the use of geosocial networking
6. Responsible for providing HIV antibodies testing on-site and through outreach into the community, community settings where the target population socializes and/or congregate as needed.
7. Provides HIV test results to individuals who have tested for HIV, and HCV
8. Offers Partner Services to individuals who test positive for HIV
9. Performs follow-up risk assessments with individuals who test positive and negative for HIV to reinforce the individual's realistic perception of risk.
10. Collaborates with other agencies or organizations for linkage, and re-linkage to prevention services, STDs screening, and follow up.
11. Promote safe disposal, including collection and disposal of used syringes.
12. Assist with the development and delivery of educational programs that are relevant to the SSP including drug abuse and overdose prevention; use of naloxone; prevention of HIV transmission; prevention of viral hepatitis transmission; treatment for mental illness, including treatment referrals; and treatment for substance abuse, including referrals for medication assisted treatment.
13. Engage with community agencies and service providers in advocacy efforts and to identify areas or neighborhoods in need of SSPs.
14. Maintains communication between inter, and intra-agency services providers for successful coordination of services.
15. Maintains records of all activities
16. Documents program activities, and reports outcomes to the support services administrator
1. Specialized training or experience in HIV prevention interventions, PrEP, and STDs.
2. Experience working with youth and persons at high-risk for HIV infection
3. Knowledge of the psychosocial issues faced by those with HIV and their caregivers.
4. Experience working with substance abuse, socially, ethnically and economically diverse populations.
5. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
6. Experience in serving those with HIV.
7. Familiarity with entitlement programs and community services.
8. Ability to work with diverse populations, and awareness of other cultures.
9. Good written and oral communication skills.Education:
Prefer bachelor's degree in social work, human services, business administration or equivalent.
Location/Region: Johnson City, TN