Position Core Competencies:
- Communication: Ability to effectively articulate thoughts in oral and written communication
- Collaboration: Ability to build and foster strong relations both internal and externally for the division and the college
- Computer Literacy: Ability to use computers efficiently, learn new systems quickly and operate in a variety of relevant software packages
- Planning and Organization: Ability to use time and resources effectively to achieve objectives, maintain orderly files and records, plan and organize for meetings and events, and prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met
- Resourcefulness: Use existing information and resources to develop innovative strategies for overcoming challenges and accomplishing intended objectives
- Confidentiality and Judgment: Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and exercise appropriate judgment for identifying sensitive/confidential information.
General Employee Responsibilities:
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on May 1. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/Vice President/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist supervisor with his/her calendar and schedule management by maintaining electronic appointment calendar
- Assist supervisor with meetings and committee responsibilities by scheduling meetings, securing appropriate meeting spaces, managing meeting invitations, preparing meeting agendas, setting up meeting space (furniture arrangements, technology setup or other aids), assisting with presentation development, recording meeting minutes, and preparing timely drafts of meeting minutes
Assist with budget management by producing budget reports, monitoring budget balances and management of departmental purchase requisitions
Utilize effective interpersonal skills to create a team environment and provide excellent customer service
Manage divisional mail by determining the appropriate disposition/distribution of incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports and other information
Manage departmental records by maintaining effective electronic and print records and filing systems that follow standard business practices
Provide effective support for departmental travel authorization requests and reimbursement claims
Provide excellent customer service as front desk and telephone receptionist for the division
Assist in collection, organization, verification, and interpretation of information for various reports and projects, including the NeSCC Annual Report, SACSCOC reports, CCSSE surveys, etc. as directed by supervisor
Develop and maintain personnel, financial, statistical, and other important records
Make arrangements and preparation for travel, conferences, appointments, special events, or other activities
Maintain an electronic calendar and provide supervisor with access to electronic calendar; provide an archived copy for annual performance review and evaluation
Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience – Three years of office/support experience OR minimum of associate degree in Office Administration Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution with demonstrated competencies.
- Technology Skills – Proficiency in the use of MS Word and in the organization and management of digital and print records and files in accordance with best practices, including the use and management of email; a general knowledge of operating systems and data information systems; a general working knowledge of other standard office software programs such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint;
- Other Essential Knowledge and Skills – ability to proofread and edit complex documents; aid in basic informational research projects; collect, organize, verify, analyze, interpret, and prepare data for reports; and express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly in oral and written forms
Technology Skills: Proficiency in the integrated use of spreadsheets, databases, survey and presentation software such as MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Compensation: $23,771 - $28,519 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req383
TO APPLY: Secretary 3 - Research, Analytics, and Planning
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (US - 37617)