General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on May 1. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/Vice President/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Customer Service representative for the office of Financial Aid
- Focus on providing a positive experience for visiting students and staff
- Control flow of students entering the office, answering student questions and concerns; directing students to other staff members when appropriate
- Collect, check and scan documentation brought into the Financial Aid office. Mail, fax and hand delivered documents
- Answer telephone and inquiries of walk-ins regarding financial aid
- Work with students to help resolve student concerns, seeking another authority if necessary
- Provide assistance on checking/processing various reports when necessary.
- Assist with scanning prior year documentation into BDMS.
- Assist with the packaging of outgoing mail
- Assist with the flow of students entering the office, answering student questions and concerns; directing students to other staff members when appropriate
- Assist with telephone and inquiries of walk-ins regarding financial aid
- Serve on internal and external committees as needed
- Assist with the management of delegated Financial Aid responsibilities
- Assist the with processing delegated Financial Aid Tasks with the support of the Financial Aid administrators
- Provide assistance with monitoring delegated reports
- Assist with the front counter responsibilities
- Assist with various Campus events that may be after standard work hours
- Contact students regarding various Financial Aid concerns.
- Possible travel for Financial Aid trainings and meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements of the Position
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education – Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- Experience – Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a customer service setting; Experience working with confidential files is preferred
- Technology Skills – Experience with MS Office suite is required; experience with digital records management system preferred
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and external contacts
- Efficiently organize, make decisions, prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently and as a team player within a highly computerized environment and with frequent daily interruptions
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of regulations governing federal, state and institutional policies regarding the administration of financial aid
Compensation: $23,771 - $28,519 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Application Deadline: 12/19/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req107
TO APPLY: Technical Clerk – Financial Aid
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (US - 37617)