General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Monitors Interactive Television (ITV), including distributing or collecting students’ assignments, proctoring quizzes/exams, and troubleshooting ITV equipment issues by following directions given by appropriate IT technical support personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Windows operating system and related applications.
- Provides ITV training to faculty and appropriate staff on the assigned campus.
- Assists students with questions and minor technical issues associated with the Learning Resource Center.
- Creates and posts signage as needed.
- Assists faculty, the campus director, and other personnel, as needed (providing instructional supplies, making copies, preparing and sending interoffice mail, etc.)
- Greets, directs, and provides assistance to visitors, students, staff, and faculty, including directions to appropriate classroom or campus building as assigned.
- Answers the telephone as assigned.
- Provides classroom or laboratory access as requested by the instructor(s).
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education - High school diploma/GED or equivalent; Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred
- Experience – Two years of clerical and/or customer experience is required
- Demonstrated Evidence of Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
- Positive attitude
- Display professionalism
- Ability to remain focused in a stressful environment
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Time management
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Effective interpersonal communication
Compensation: $11.50 per hour
Contract Type: Part-Time Temporary
Location of Position: Two part-time temporary positions are available - one at our Johnson City Campus and one at our Elizabethton Campus
Application Deadline: 12/19/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req191
TO APPLY: Part-time ITV Proctor/Academic Support
Location/Region: Johnson City, TN (US - 37614)