Custodian - Third Shift
Position Core Competencies
- Maintain the cleanliness of the office buildings and classrooms of the college.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the material and equipment used in custodial work.
General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) Principles of Accreditation, standards and guidelines.
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth.
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team.
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Sweep and mop stairs, corridors, offices, classrooms and multi-function rooms.
- Vacuum carpet and spot clean carpet when necessary.
- Wash windows.
- Provide hard surface floor maintenance techniques including dust mopping, wet mopping, buffing and application of floor finishes including wax removal products.
- Polish furniture and clean woodwork.
- Pick up paper and debris on the grounds adjacent to the building entrances.
- Empty trash cans and clean containers.
- Clean restroom walls, floors, and fixtures and replenish bathroom supplies.
- Clean light fixtures and HVAC distribution registers
- Maintain cleaning equipment
- Stock and maintain janitor’s closets.
- Operate cleaning equipment including vacuum cleaner, buffer, floor scrubber and other associated equipment.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervision.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of the eighth grade
- Technology Skills: Basic computer skills
- Ability to get along well with others and be a team player.
- Willingness to do the job with a sense of pride.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Follow oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
- Use and operate all custodial cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Work around loud noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and dusts.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires long periods of standing, bending and twisting, pushing and pulling, as well as stooping and squatting.
- This position requires a lot of walking in the buildings, up and down stairwells.
Compensation: $20,089 - $20,398 annual salary is dependent on education and experience, plus a $975 shift differential
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Open Until Filled: No
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019, 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Requisition Number: req3399
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (37617)