Our company is a leader in providing high-end products & services to the B2B market, with annual revenues of $7 million. For 35 years, we have served corporate, hospitality, financial and medical institutions in an industry that demands the latest in creative solutions by offering our customers premium quality products coupled with some of the fastest industry turnaround times. Strategically located on Long Island, our clientele is comprised of many Fortune 500 customers, principally located in the NY Metro area.
We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer with at least 15 years of experience in dealing with custom goods manufacturing and installation services. In addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, the incumbent must possess an abundance of management and leadership experience. The CFO will report directly to the founding President of this 50+ person company and will become a part of the Senior Management Team.
Working closely with the President and leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will develop and implement a financial and operational strategy that includes measurable goals to drive profit improvement and enhanced systems and controls. This position is also responsible for the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company’s fiscal functions and performance including, but not limited to: cash flow; profitability; capital; credit and collection policies; and compliance with regulatory, tax, and contractual obligations.
- Effectively manage cash flow and expenses. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism. Create cost controls and lead savings initiatives focused on the top 10 areas of expense.
- Leverage knowledge of financial reports to identify opportunities to establish and achieve financial benchmarks.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends
- Provide critical early warnings to management, backed by sound financial analysis.
- Evaluate strategic alliances, acquisitions, mergers, and investments.
- Oversee and approve issuance of financial information, tax returns and other government filings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commercial banks and lending institutions; negotiate and procure capital; and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop and manage core administrative and financial functions within the company, including technology, logistics, risk management, human resources, and employee benefits (including 401K, profit sharing, medical/dental insurance program and premiums).
- Review and monitor professional service relationships, particularly accountants and lawyers; and insurance brokers/providers
- Develop and manage Sales Plan (for Sales Team) and Company bonus and profit sharing plan (for employees at Corporate Office)
Leadership / Decision Making:
- Foster teamwork; encourage others to assume responsibility and develops subordinates.
- Promote/enforce the Company’s performance standards.
- When making a decision, analyze and consider alternatives.
- Support company Mission, Vision and Core Values [throughout the role].
- Keep all stakeholders fully informed about work progress, problems, and provides adequate feedback.
- Effectively communicate financial matters to non-financial team members
- Be comfortable creating presentations as well as presenting to the entire company.
Interpersonal Skills & Relationships:
- Establish and maintain effective contacts within and/or outside the company to establish goodwill, conduct negotiations, etc.
- Effectively manage conflict
- Work cooperatively with other areas/departments across the business
- Openly share information and knowledge with colleagues and staff
- Treat employees with respect and fairness
Industry & Technical Knowledge:
- General knowledge of company policies, best financial practices and protocols.
- Corporate Finance
- Employee benefits
- Systems integration and control/IT
- Risk management and insurance
- Impact of fluctuating raw materials and other inputs impacting COGS
- Value Chain – Customer, Vendor, Competition
- Familiarity with AIA billing procedures
- Understand the challenges within our industry and our organization and can develop a plan to meet those challenges and grow the company while influencing the outcome, not just reporting it.
- Set clear priorities, objectives, and track progress against plans.
- Take appropriate action to ensure targets are met.
- Budgeting/Forecasting/Economic Management
- Compliance: Audit and Tax
Problem Solving & Initiative:
- Effectively diagnose problems, analyze causes, recommend and implement solutions.
- Use outside resources and internal staff to develop sound solutions.
- Anticipate business needs and proactively act to achieve business objectives.
Self-Management Skills / Managing People:
- Consistently demonstrate adaptability and flexibility without losing effective control.
- Display self-confidence when dealing with difficult situations and take corrective action.
- Recognize and celebrate outstanding performance.
- Address performance issues quickly and positively.
- Firm believer, supporter, and exhibiter of core values; demonstrates them throughout all regular interaction
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in financial leadership role in a manufacturing setting
- Minimum of BA;
- Technologically savvy, advanced knowledge with accounting reporting software, Sage BusinessWorks preferred and Intermediate and above for Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Keen analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Sound communication skills; verbal and written including experience effectively communicating key data to senior management or outside partners.
- Eager to be flexible and hands-on
- Strong Focus on Details
- Competitive Salary
- 401K w/Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical Insurance with company participation
- Employee Option for Vision/Dental/Short Term Disability/Life Insurance/Accident Insurance/Cancer Insurance
How to Apply:
Applicants should reply to this job ad and submit an updated resume with salary requirements, as well as a cover letter documenting how their experience has prepared them for this position and how they are qualified to do all that we seek.