Do you want to join a fast-growing and evolving organization where you will be able to learn and grow as the business develops? Do you have a high attention to detail with a focus for numbers? If this sounds familiar, we’d like to hear from you.
We are a Licensed Producer of cannabis seeking a dedicated and hardworking individual to join our team as a Controller
Working closely with the President, the Controller will participate in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans, monitor the financial performance of the company, deal with day to day operations, regulatory liaison and reporting, and compile/analyze financial reports. He/she will work with to expand the finance team as the business grows.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Annual and quarterly reporting as required by government and regulatory bodies
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Protects assets by establishing and monitoring internal controls
- Keep up to date on day to day operations of AR, AP, invoicing, etc.
- Required to communicate with all identified stakeholders
- Responsible for learning key regulations/requirements, with guidance and coaching from senior team members
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Cash flow management
- Develop yearly budget
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Develop processes to ensure all intercompany balances reconcile
- Demonstrate self direction, accountability
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Provide leadership to any support staff
- Monitor and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
- Accounting designation
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance related discipline
- 3-5 years experience
- Exposure to accounting for Agriculture and Biological Assets
- Impeccable analytical and organization skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Self motivated and self directed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work closely with senior management
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Availability to work extra hours as needed
- Strong concentration over prolonged periods of time
- Business acumen (strategic thinking, results driven, solution-oriented approach, business knowledge).
- Decision-making and disciplined execution (thoughtful decision-making and accountability).
- Teamwork and collaboration (building relationships, collaboration, strong communication skills – both verbal and written).
Why GREENSEAL CANNABIS CO. is right for you?
- A Leader in a new and evolving industry with opportunity for rapid growth
- Keenly focused on innovation and R&D to stand out from the competitors
- Purpose built, brand new operating facility in the beautiful city of Stratford, ON
- Privately owned and operated business
- If this peeks your interest, follow up with GREENSEAL
Please send resume and cover letter for consideration
We appreciate all parties interested in joining GREENSEAL, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
GREENSEAL CANNABIS CO. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodations
Job Type: Full-time
GREENSEAL CANNABIS COMPANY, LTD. is a commercially-licensed producer under the ACMPR with a strong focus on developing premium quality cannabis products and genetics for the rapidly evolving global market – through its unique innovative platform, experienced team of professionals and vertical cultivation technology.
Based in Stratford, Ontario, GREENSEAL is committed to ensuring the excellence of its products through research and innovation related to plant genetics, cultivation techniques and automation technology; ensuring the company both establishes and sustains itself as a valued leader within the modernizing cannabis industry.
“For the Greener Good”