General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and processes admissions applications in accordance with College policies, goals and rules on admissibility of students.
- Advises applicants regarding admissions requirements, eligibility for admission, program options, residency requirements and other matters related to their admission to the College.
- Serves as a resource to students, parents, the College community, High Schools, and other feeder institutions. Interprets admissions policies and procedures and responds to general questions about the College, academic programs and requirements. Makes referrals to other College offices as appropriate.
- Process admissions-related paperwork and perform data entry
- Maintain student records using Banner computing system
- Perform scanning activities with BDM software
- Maintain student and general admissions files
- Assist with orientation, registration, graduation, and other events as assigned (may include overtime)
- Compose routine correspondence as required
- Perform technical clerical duties associated with the office of Admissions and Records
- Understand and practice FERPA policies
- Perform all duties assigned with a high level of customer service
Requirements of the Position
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution required
- Clerical experience and a minimum of 2 years of customer service experience required
- Technology skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
- Ability to work independently and to assist in problem-solving for students, staff, and the public
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work rotating shifts during the hours of 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (During peak times)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cordial working relationships with all campus personnel
Compensation: $24,128 - $28,947 annual salary dependent on education and experience.
Contract Type: Fiscal, Full-Time Regular
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Application Deadline: October 10, 2018
Open Until Filled: No
Requisition Number: req1565
TO APPLY: Admissions Specialist
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (US - 37617)