The Technical Program Manager (TPM) will support both customer and supplier, in an embedded board and systems operations. Selected candidates must demonstrate meticulous planning skills and have in-depth understanding of inter-dependencies between deliverables from internal and external stakeholders. The right candidate can roll up their sleeves to operate effectively in a startup environment - constantly triaging priorities, removing blockers and be highly result oriented. The TPM candidate will be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, in managing conflict, removing obstacles, driving progress, and accountability.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Define program objectives, and establish the program plan and deliverables
- Identify and quantify risks, generate and execute mitigation/contingency plans
- Monitor, control and report program progress and performance
- Identify, mitigate and control scope changes
- Escalate issues and risks for resolution as appropriate
- Track program deliverables, and ensure timely completion
- Lead customer program communication, track progress and report out weekly in customer preferred report out method
- Identify and implement program management process improvements
- Utilize Microsoft project for intercompany project management: track progress, milestones, resources needed
- Seeks opportunities for maximizing efficiencies and long-term profitability
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ensure successful completion of programs by managing various aspects of product requirements, through on time delivery performance, product quality, product cost, communications and that any other program specific requirements are met in a timely and acceptable manner; owns the customer scorecards.
· Coordinates timely response from various team members, regarding pricing/quoting, corrective actions, cost reductions, process improvements, NRE charges, RMA’s, customer concerns and manufacturing commitments.
· Demonstrated understanding of multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, including hardware and electronic components.
· Established understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures.
· Responsible for managing work deliverables, risk, and dependencies of the solutions across a standard systems development life cycle (SDLC), using appropriate approaches including agile and water-fall strategies.
· Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
· Drives operational excellence and continuous improvement throughout the organization, creating an innovative culture that measures itself by consistently increasing levels of quality and focusing on ways to make its products and services better every day.
· Provides leadership and direction; tracks performance of functional departments and staff to ensure efficiency levels are met in addition to ensuring compliance, productivity and quality standards.
· Serve as the customer and vendor project status and issue resolution
· Responsible for reporting on predetermined project level KPI's
· Participate in weekly project level status calls with customers, ensuring expectations are aligned through schedule variance using tracking and risk mitigation techniques
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field; PMP and/or PMI certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership responsibilities in the engineering or technical program management, including electronic component knowledge and printed circuit board manufacturing.
- Military and aerospace program management experience is a plus. Agile master certification is desired.
- Should be familiar with project management and team collaboration tools such as, MS-Project, JIRA, Slack etc.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence others inside and outside the organization- including senior company leadership and across functional lines.
- Ability to work collaboratively to create results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Openness to change
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Servant leadership
- Excellent negotiation skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and planning skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% -35% of time as business needs require.
TEVET is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business focused on adding value for our customers through Supply Chain excellence. We foster strong relationships at every level - from our OEM/Vendor suppliers to our Customers and every step in between. Our customers frequently honor us through various awards and recognition: https://tevetllc.com/about-tevet/awards-achievements/
We seek dedicated professional who share our focus to serve our customers to join our team.