General Employee Responsibilities
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and laws.
- Comply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Comply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelines
- Promote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values
- Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programs.
- Maintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance review.
- Seek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growth
- Lead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this office.
- In all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State Team
- Follow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the position.
- Complete other assignments as directed by supervisor/President.
- Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with classroom technology installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist with inventory of departmental assets.
- Provide technical support for faculty and staff in use of classroom technologies.
- Assist with Zoom videoconferencing systems operation and troubleshooting.
- Care for, clean, maintain and troubleshoot electronic equipment and peripheral devices.
- Assist with operation of events in auditorium or theater setting. Hang and focus lighting instruments, set up and strike staging for events, set up microphones, operate sound and lighting systems for events.
- Operate Box Office when hours are not covered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Windows operating system and related applications.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education – Associate’s Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution required
- Experience – One year related experience
- Technology Skills: MS Office skills, Word, Excel, Access; digital records management systems; general operating systems and data information systems
- Positive attitude
- Display professionalism
- Ability to remain focused in a stressful environment
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Time management
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Effective interpersonal communication
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Contract Type: Other, Part-time, Temp
Location of Position: Northeast State,
2425 Highway 75
Blountville, Tennessee, 37617
Open Until Filled: Yes
Requisition Number: req1198
TO APPLY: Media/Theater Services Assistant
Location/Region: Blountville, TN (US)